KitsuCore Rules v.1.7 Updated on November 11, 2023.
By agreeing to these rules, or continuing the usage of our services, you're bound to these rules.
We want to make our rules fair and equal for our users. If think you have something you want added or changed, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be an individual, not barred from Kitsu previously, and a minimum of 16 years old to use a Kitsu Service1. This may be higher depending on your jurisdiction.
- Bulk registration of usernames, without the intent of using them, is not permitted.
- You may not impersonate Kitsu administration or impersonate other users with malicious intent.
- Parody accounts of brands and well-known figures are permitted so long as they're properly marked.
- Under no circumstance is selling an account (or its ownership), or minting it into an NFT, allowed. Transferring ownership is permitted only with written permission from administration.
- Temporary emails are not permitted.
- Users are required by the service to fully set up their profile within one month of creation.
1. The only exception to this rule is KitsuGay, which requires users to be over the age of 18, or the age of majority, whichever is higher. Registration to KitsuGay may also require a valid photo ID if deemed necessary, such as an influx of minors attempting to use KitsuGay.
- Content must be made in English.
- Inappropriate content must be appropriately flagged if a feature exists2.
- Sexually explicit or sexually suggestive profiles are prohibited3.
- If possible, add alternate text or descriptive text to your media.
- Content may be removed if it violates our rules, or at the discretion of administration..
- Users are not permitted to post bigotry, or cause distress, unease, or intentional discomfort within other users.
- Spamming and illegal content - including child pornography, illustrated or not - is prohibited.
- Advertising cannot be the majority of your content, and must be for sectors that align with the community.
2. The only exception is KitsuClub, where sexually explicit or extremely suggestive text/media is strictly prohibited. Sexual equipment and similar objects are considered sexually explicit.
3. The only exception is KitsuGay, which permits sexually suggestive profile picturesand banners, but NOT
sexually explicit profile pictures and banners.
- Users can be terminated for any reason, with or without notice by moderation.
- Users are responsible for cancelling any monetary membership they may have if they are terminated.
- Users may terminate themselves from Kitsu by deleting any account associated with Kitsu.
- Users may also request termination by email from their verified emails to email@example.com with the subject line "FORGET ME REQUEST".
- Administration will not be held liable for damages arising from your use of Kitsu.
when you visit, use, or
create content with any Kitsu Website.
Personal information collected
When you visit a Kitsu site, we automatically collect certain information about your device,
about your web browser, IP address, time zone, as well as any cookies related to the website
you are currently
visiting. Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the
individual web pages that you
view. We refer to this as "Device information".
We collect Device information using the following technologies:
- Cookies are minuscule data files that are placed on your device or computer and often
include an anonymous
identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, visit AllAboutCookies.org.
- Log files track pages that you access, and collect data including your IP address,
browser type, ISP, and
We also collect information that you explicitly give to us, such as posts, messages, photos,
video, audio, or other
Kitsu does not use any tracking technology beyond
counters for read
How do we use your information?
We use this information to:
- Communicate with you
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search
warrant, or other lawful
request, or to protect our rights
- To enforce the rules and regulations of our, and other users's servers
- Send content that you create to other servers through 'federation'
Who do we share information with?
- Any other server who interfaces with the Kitsu Services will receive public information, i.e. any user content, or content you make available.
- Kitsu may provide unencrypted audiovisual media to Project Arachnid, ran by the Canadian Centre for Child Protection, to protect our users and filter dangerous content. In normal circumstances, the content will be immediately discarded. However, Project Arachnid may choose to hold content from Kitsu for review.
- Kitsu does not share personal information, like your email, to other servers. Kitsu does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal identifiable information.
- Photos, Videos, audio, media, or other non-text content will be submitted to Wasabi (https://wasabi.com/legal/privacy-policy)
storage, and allow Fastly (https://www.fastly.com/privacy/) to
cache this content.
When you register for a Kitsu Service, we will maintain your information for both our
records, unless and until you
ask us to delete this information. Some information may be retained indefinitely in some
specifically, the emails/IP addresses of users who have been barred from our services.
practices or for other
operation, legal, or regulatory reasons. We require all users to accept the new policies
before allowing normal
usage of the platform.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have any questions, or if you'd
like to make a
complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.